Thursday, July 8, 2010

Homemade Silky Chocolate Pudding

All these days I never thought of making chocolate pudding at home until I saw my kids fighting for one. I don’t know when my boy started liking them because he used to hate it, kids likes and dislikes keep on changing, its hard to know. I promised them to make one at home and luckily I had a chocolate bar in my pantry which I got it to make homemade almond chocolate.
When I told my boy I am making chocolate pudding, he said, “ Make it different than usual like topping it with ice cream” since I didn’t have a vanilla flavored ice cream in my freezer I gave him topped with whip cream and some sprinkler and my kids really loved it. There is nothing like home made chocolate pudding with its silky smooth texture and a wonderful chocolate flavor.




Ingredients
Semi-Sweet chocolate bar – 4oz
Sugar – 1 cup
Whole milk – 2 and ½ cup
Cornstarch – ¼ cup
Salt – 1/8 tsp
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Whip cream and some sprinkler for topping (optional)




Method
Mix cornstarch, sugar and salt in a pan and add milk to it slowly and whisk it until its lump free. Place it over a boiling water(double boiler method) and stirring occasionally.
After 15 mins, when the mixture starts thickening add the chocolate and continue stirring for 3 to 4 mins and remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract.
Pour the pudding in the serving cup and cover the pudding by placing the plastic wrap directly inside the cup over the pudding; this prevents from developing a pudding skin on the top.
Refrigerate for an hour and serve it topped with whip cream and sprinklers. Enjoy!! 

29 comments:

  1. Pretty blog you have here. I'm happy to be here :) HAppy to follow you too. I read your pudding recipe. I have a question. How does vanilla extract help here? Is there any substitue for this.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pratiba for visiting my blog. About your question, Vanilla extract and salt are the counterparts of any chocolate dishes,it helps to enhance its flavor.
    For substitute,honestly I don't know and I think you can leave it out, it won't make any noticable difference to the taste. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woww wat a droolworthy chocolate pudding, tickling my tongue..

    ReplyDelete
  4. verrrrry yummy and chocolateeeeeeeeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so tempting not only for kids...adults too love it....

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks Swarna for giving me one more option to treat my son :-) Pics are making me hungryyyyyyy

    Deepa

    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  7. oMG!!! its so develish tempting...ahh who wants to count calories when u have a tasty dish like this in front of u :)..awesome dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so tempting and silky...

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummy.. luks delicious
    first time here .. u have a lovely space and good collection of recipes.. happy to follow u ...if u find time do visit my blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi swarna,
    i accidently came across ur blog...u have a beautiful collection recipes...this chocolate pudding looks tempting ...i love chocolate n ur click make me drool.happy to find u
    if u get time do visit my blog

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks really silky soft.Hmm yumyumyummy...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi swarna, Hope ur doing fine,was away from blogging for long time so i misssed some ur posts..will try to catch up soon.. chocolate pudding looks tempting dear..feel like having rite away.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wowww..........i love silk and chocolates too !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pics talk of how smooth the pudding is.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow I love this dessert and it looks so good and yummy.
    Regards
    olga.

    ReplyDelete
  16. delicious and tempting pudding...
    happily following you..

    Soumya
    http://traditional-indian-cooking.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks yummy!!
    Happy following you..

    Do visit me @
    http://valarskitchen-basics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. first time here...wow...this chocolate pudding looks so divinee.......my daughter is going to love it very much..I'm surely going to giv it a try......glad to follow u dear !

    ReplyDelete
  19. loved the texture... pls accept a few awards from my blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Swarna, I would like to invite you to our "Quick and easy recipe mela" and enter your recipe. We would be glad to see your participation. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Its too good and ya its so silky lovely bog

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks good, and doesn't seem too complicated recipe. Worth a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. first time here glad to follow you ... very tasty pudding
    visit my blog www.sriyafood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. looks delicious...happy to folow ur blog.come visit my place when u find time.thnx:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic issues altogether, you just won a logo new reader. What might you suggest about your put up that you made a few days ago? Any sure?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for the recipe! Do you want to have Indian Food In Sydney? Visit Castle Taj, an Indian restaurant with professional and experienced chefs to serve you the most flavourful and finger-licking Indian food.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and I really appreciate all your wonderful comments....