Friday, February 5, 2010

Minced Chicken Wrap

Sorry I took a long break in updating my blog and I have a reason for that, I was on vacation to Disney world with family and after that kids were sick one after another and I was totally immobilized and stuck with my kids and at last I made myself some time to sit and update my blog.
This delicious minced chicken is wrap is great for a snack or even as a meal itself and more over its very ideal during traveling time. I made this dish for a brunch and it is very stomach filling and kept me hunger free for a long time after having just two warps and it is also quite simple to prepare. Here is the recipe of the delicious minced chicken wrap.


Ingredients
For the Filling
Minced Chicken – 1lb
Onion – 1 very finely chopped
Tomato – 2 very finely chopped
Garlic – 5 very finely chopped
Ginger – ½” finely chopped
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Cumin powder – 1tsp
Chili Powder – ½ tsp
Garam masala – ½ tsp
Fennel seeds – ½ tsp
Egg - 1
Cilantro chopped
Salt to taste
Oil – 3 tsp

For the Tortillas
Wheat flour – 1Cup
All Purpose flour – 1 Cup
Shortening – 1 tsp (optional, even you can use oil)
Salt to taste
Water - 1 Cup

Method
For the Filling
Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add the fennel seeds and when they crackle, add the onion and garlic and ginger and sauté until the onion turns light brown and add the ginger garlic paste and mix well for couple of mins.
Add the tomato and cook until the tomato turns mushy and add all the dry powders one after another and mix.
Add the minced chicken and mix and close and cook until chicken is cooked and it should be very dry. Beat egg in a bowl and add to the chicken mixture and cook till its done.
Garnish with cilantro.
For the Tortillas
Mix all the ingredients under “for the tortillas” and set aside for a minimum 15 mins and make into medium ball size and roll it quite big(little bigger than chapatti) and cook in a heated griddle on both side with little oil. This will yield six tortillas. By adding the shortening makes the tortillas very soft.
Spread mayo on the tortilla, add the filling in the middle and top it with onions and cilantro and roll it and enjoy the warp.

7 comments:

  1. Love wraps & rolls...... Very nice & yum!

    Ash...
    (http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious wraps, love to grab one from the click..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dish and your blog has a great collection. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came across your site in the recent past and love your simple style.
    I have passed you and award ,please accept it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your recipes are yuck

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and I really appreciate all your wonderful comments....