Friday, March 5, 2010

Creamy Broccoli and Cheese Soup

This is a flavorful creamy, cheesy and tasty broccoli soup. When I was looking online for a good broccoli soup most of the recipe was like blending all the ingredients together and making a soup of it but I wanted real broccoli chucks in my soup to enjoy the broccoli in every spoon of soup I take and this recipe I prepared the way I wanted and it tasted really good and also it is a very simple broccoli soup recipe. This is not too creamy but really very yummy. It is a very delightful appetizer one would have. This was a huge hit in my house and my hubby gobbled it down and my kids, who are not a big soup fan, enjoyed it.
I used chicken broth and if you want vegan version use vegetable broth.


Ingredients
Butter – 1tbsp
Large Broccoli head – 1 Cut to small florets
Onion – 1 finely chopped
Chicken Broth – 2 Cups
Water – 1 Cup
All Purpose flour – ¼ Cup
Cheddar Cheese – ½ Cup
Milk – 1 cup (Use any milk I used half and half)
Salt and pepper to taste

Method
Over a medium heat, melt butter in a large pot. Add onions and sauté till they are tender.
Add broccoli florets, chicken broth and water to the pot. Cover and bring to a boil for about 10 mins or until broccoli is tender.
Add salt and pepper.
In a small bowl mix flour with water and add to the boiling broccoli mixture.
Add the cheese and cook for another 4 to 5 mins in a reduced heat.
Add the milk and when it starts to boil turn off the heat.
While serving add little cheese on top and serve with crackers of your choice and Enjoy!!!!



17 comments:

  1. I am not a soup person,but would lov to hav this one with my fav broccoli...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love this for sure :) Yummy,healthy and wholesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love soups,this bowl looks very healthy,creamy and delicious....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sure is a flavorful soup..

    ReplyDelete
  5. soup is looking so creamy!! really rich soup..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! that bowl looks really tempting with those crackers.... I would love to taste & get 'bowl'ed!!!

    Ash....
    (http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy soup...looks wholesome and rich...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soup sounds healthy and yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a nice and tasty soup..love the flavours..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Slurppp, thats a tempting and creamy soup to enjoy for chilled weather..

    ReplyDelete
  11. a very flavourful and yummy soup!

    ReplyDelete
  12. rich and creamy ..tempting click.
    Please collect the award :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. we have recently started eating broccoli mainly in thoran version... this recipe looks like give it a try one, very creamy and rich..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely and delicious soup..;-))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and I really appreciate all your wonderful comments....