Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mushroom and Pepper's Sandwich

This is a very simple and delicious sandwich. This sandwich was prepared  for my hubby to take to work for lunch and I had to hurry as it was getting late and you can see that in my picture, did not wait for it to even focus. This is very filling, healthy and easy to carry in a lunch box as well. Mushroom and peppers are the terrific combination I could think of for a vegan sandwich and the whole sandwich comes together very well and the taste you will really relish.


Ingredients
Bread – 4 slices
Button Mushroom – 5 chopped
Red and yellow peppers Chopped – 1 Cup
Cheese Singles – 2 (use any kind of your choice, I used provolone)
Oil – 1 tsp
Salt and pepper to taste
Mayonnaise and Dijon mustard to spread

Method

Heat oil in a pan and fry peppers till half cooked and add mushrooms and fry for couple of mins by adding salt and pepper.
Meanwhile spread the mayo and Dijon mustard on one bread slice and place the fried mushroom and peppers and top it with the cheese and close it with another bread slice.
Put the sandwich in a skillet and evenly brown over medium heat on both sides...ENJOY!!

17 comments:

  1. easy to prepare but filling na

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very quick and healthy sandwich!!!
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo easy and delicious sandwich...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a easy and quick sandwich there. Good for the times when you are super hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Healthy Sandwich for a hungry tummy..... really YUMMY!!!!!!

    Ash...
    (http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Easy and healthy sandwich....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply to prepare and yet delicious...thats what I need now:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yummy yumm..pass one pice to me too :)..Found your blog thru another blogger :)... u got an awesome blog...:)..do drop by my blog when u get time http://neetzkitchen.blogspot.com/

    Following u :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. easy to make, but very delicious... nice recipe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice, simple, healthy and delicious sandwich. Perfect for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there,

    I happened to stumble on your blog while browsing and really like it. Was wondering if it would be alright to add you to my blogroll.
    Let me know
    Sharmila

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting sandwich, great blog, cute photos. I'm following you now. One day you must come to my blog too where sandwiches rule. Have a great day, Keri (a.k.a. Sam)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your blog.I like it .delicious one.I will review it again.
    Please review my blogger too.
    Recipies

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for information is nice the very health and taste i like it.Home Delivery Restaurants in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and I really appreciate all your wonderful comments....