Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Chicken Biryani

This is my way of preparing this delicious chicken biryani. I used to cook this way for quite a long time. Everyone in my family and even my friends love this biryani. My brother used to call me as "biryani master" just b'coz of this biryani . I usually prepare this dish quite fast and preparing briyani has always been easy to me. When ever I decide to quit eating non-veg ,just the thought of this biryani does not allow me to. I am a very great lover of biryanis so atleast once in two weeks I would prepare this dish. Here is the recipe of the delicious chicken biryani . I am drooling now.


Ingredients:
To marinate (for half an hour)
Whole cut Chicken - 1lb
Yogurt - 1 cup
Chili Powder - 1tsp
Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
Cilantro Chopped - 1/2 cup
Mint Chopped - 1/2 Cup
Lime juice - 1 tsp
Salt - little
Other Ingredients:
Basmati Rice - 2 cups
Onion Chopped - 1 big
Tomato chopped - 2 medium
Green Chilies Slit - 3
Bay Leaves -3
Cardamom - 2
Clove - 3
Cinnamon - 1/2''
Oil - 5 tsp
Salt as required
To Grind:
Garlic - 10 cloves
Ginger - 2"
Clove - 5
Cinnamon - 1''
Onion chopped - 1/2

Procedure:
Wash and soak the basmati rice for 10 mins. In a cooker heat oil and add the bay leaf,Cinnamon,cardamom and clove. When you get the nice fragrance add the onion and green chilies and saute for 5 mins. Add the the grinded paste and saute well. Add the tomatoes and mix for 3 mins. Now add the marinated chicken and give a good mix. Add salt Cook in slow flame until the oil seprates. Add water, for 1 cup rice I added 1&1/2 cup of water. When the water boils add rice and close the cooker and cook for 10 mins. Serve with onion raita and chicken gravy.

1 comment:

  1. can you tell me what is meant by marinated chicken? how to do it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and I really appreciate all your wonderful comments....