Thursday, January 7, 2010

Crackers with toppings – A chaat dish

In Bangalore, one of the most crowded place I would say is the chaat shop, there is one such shop I am aware of is the Calcutta chaat shop at koramangala area and if happen to visit that chaat shop in one fine evening, you would be surpurised to see the place flooded with people and you have to wait for a long time to place your order and I would say its worth all the wait, they serve the best chaat there and even now my tongue tickles when I just think of their dishes….wow awesome. The recipe today is the toppings I made is good as such or can be served as a topping for crackers or even with chaat poori. I served mine with the multi grain cracker made especially for serving with toppings and it tasted really wonderful and I am sure this is a crowd pleaser.



Ingredients
For topping
Frozen peas – 1cup
Boiled potato – 1 Chopped to small cubes
Green Chiles – 2 slit
Onion – 1 medium finely chopped
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Chaat Masala – ½ tsp
Cilantro
Oil – 2 tsp
Salt to taste

For Serving
Crackers of your choice
Chaat tamarind sauce
Yogurt
Chopped tomato - 1
Sev

Method
Heat oil in a non-stick pan and sauté the onion till cooked and then add the green chilies and sauté for few mins.
Add the green peas and cook until its soft.
Add the masala powders and keep mixing to avoid burning of the masala powders.
Add the potato and mix well and now finish it of by adding chopped cilantro and make sure add liberally and this gives a wonderful aroma and taste in each bite.
While serving, place the crackers in a serving plate and in each cracker put a spoon full of peas topping on it and top it with yogurt, little tamarind sauce, tomato and sev. This is a wonderful chaat to enjoy.

11 comments:

  1. the chaat looks very tempting and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow delicious chaat, looks absolutely fantastic..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooooooooooooooooooo wow love this at anytime .. awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow so simple n so tasty!gr8 chaat dish!

    Renuka
    http://cookingyummy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious chaat....looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear, I would like to share Kreative blogger award with you. Please collect it from my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice snack!!
    I always have crackers in my pantry !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey swarna, u have a lovely blog...looks so simple and delicious! thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and I really appreciate all your wonderful comments....