Friday, March 27, 2009

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Celebration time!!!! the reason for the celebration is my sister in law("sil") has started a play school at Bangalore. My hearty congratulations and wishing her all success in her new venture. I am very much attached to my "sil" she is more like a mom to me. As a part of celebration I made this pineapple upside down cake. I am not very good at baking. I choose especially this cake b'coz my hubby loves this one. Any way this recipe turned out to be a great success for bad baker like me. Great success I said as my son loved this cake b'coz he likes only chocolate cake.


Ingredients:
Packed light brown sugar - 2cup

Butter - 1 stick
Sliced pineapple - 1 can
Undrained maraschino cherries
Eggs - 3
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
White sugar - 1 cup
Baking powder - 2 tsp
All purpose flour - 1 and 1/2 cup
Salt - 1/4 tsp

Procedure:
This recipes goes on using cast iron skillet ,since I didn't have one I just melted the butter separately and poured on the cake pan. If you have iron skillet ,directly melt butter on it over low flame. After melting the butter mix in the brown sugar. Combine slices of pineapple with the butter and brown sugar mixture. Reserve the pineapple juice in the can. Place the cherry in the middle of each pineapple and in between the pineapples or how ever you like. In a large bowl separate the eggs. Beat the egg yolks until fluffy. Add 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice, white sugar and vanilla essence and mix until sugar is dissolved. Sift baking powder, flour and salt and add to the egg yolk mixture and combine well. Beat the white egg separately until stiff and fold into the egg yolk mixture. Add the mixture to the butter, brown sugar and pineapple mixture. Pre-heat the oven for 350*F and bake for 30 mins. Let it cool for 10 mins then turn upside down onto a plate. Thats it upside down pineapple cake is ready. Eat when its warm . Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. you are a nice baker, the cake looks perfect;

    I have a similar one with slight variation to be posted today or tomorrow but with peaches; my daughter likes ONLY chocolate cakes too but then she eats it if she doesn't have any other choice :):)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and I really appreciate all your wonderful comments....