Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Potato Fry /Roast

Potato is one vegetable almost everyone loves it. My son is a bad eater of vegetables ,its very tough to feed him veggies without his knowledge but some how I am doing it till now.."touch wood " .Only few say 2 or 3 veggies he loves to eat , potato is one kind he eats it any way its made provided it is tasty. This potato fry he likes a lot. After our kids starts eating regular food as we eat , we end up doing their favorite food most of the times. I almost gave up many of my favorite food as my son doesn't like them :-( OK lets go to the recipe of this potato fry or roast.



Ingredients:
Potato - 1 large cut into 1" cubes
Channa dal - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Red chili Powder - 1/2 tsp ( increase or decrease according to your taste)
Curry leaves - 4 or 5
Oil - 3 tsp
Salt as required

Procedure:
Heat oil in a non-stick pan . Add the channa dal and stir till it turns golden brown. Now add the potatoes and saute. Add all the powders one by one and keep mixing. Now add the curry leaves, it gives a nice flavour to the dish. Sprinkle little water and cook covered. Stir in-between . Cook till potato is nicely roasted on both sides. Good with sambar rice. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and I really appreciate all your wonderful comments....