Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Fish Curry

This fish curry is very delicious, I say so because my hubby just hates sea foods and I have tried three different fish curries so far and this is the only fish curry he like so it has to very delicious , am I right?? This recipe I got from one of the TV food shows.I don't remember the program name ...doesn't matter.. the recipe is important. Here is the recipe of the fish curry.I made this curry using the tilapia fish, you can use any fish of your choice.

Ingredients:
Tilapia fish - 3
Onion chopped - 1 medium
Tomato chopped - 1 medium
Green Chilies - 2 slit
Coriander Powder - 2tsp
Chili Powder - 1/2 tsp
Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Tamarind - lemon size
Salt as required
Jaggery
Mustard - 1 tsp
Fenugreek - 1/2 tsp
To Grind:
Coconut - 1/2 cup
Ginger - 1''
Garlic - 3 Cloves
Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seed - 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves - 3
Procedure:
Soak the tamarind in water and squeeze the tamarind and take the water and mix the powders in the tamarind water and keep aside. Heat oil in a pan and season it with mustard , fenugreek and curry leaves. Add the onion and saute well. Add tomato and green chilies and mix well for 2 to 3 mins. Add the tamarind water and allow it boil for few mins,then add the grinded paste. When the raw fragrance leaves add the fish . When the fish is cooked add jaggery and remove it. Garnish with cilantro.Enjoy!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and I really appreciate all your wonderful comments....