Monday, September 21, 2009

Bean and Veggie Salad

Today, there are plenty of weight-loss strategies in market and they guarantee a quick weight loss. I too got carried away in one such weight loss diet and started to follow. After one day it became nearly impossible for me to stay on the diet and I gave up. The problem is they are too specific to what to eat and how much to eat and don't take into account of individual preferences and lifestyles and our likes and dislikes. More restriction on food made me craving for it. You won't believe only one day I tried the same night I got dreams only on food. Changing the eating habits overnight did not work for me so I gave up the next day, but now I planned to make small changes by taking lots of vegetables and fruits instead of one full meal and I am taking time to give up my bad food habits :-) hope I'll stick to this. Today's recipe is "Bean and Veggie Salad" with lots of vegetables and bean.



Ingredients:
Red Kidney Bean - 1/2 cup soaked for 6 hrs and boiled or use canned.
Roma Tomato - 1 chopped
Celery ribs - 2 sliced
Zucchini - 1 cup sliced
Green Onion - 1/2 cup sliced
Bell Pepper - 1/2 cup Chopped

Dressing:
Olive Oil - 2 tsp
Lime Juice - 1tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Feta Cheese - 1 tsp

Method:
In a bowl combine all the ingredients. In a separate small bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, sugar and salt and mix until the sugar is dissolved. Pour over bean mixture and gently stir to coat. Add the feta cheese and toss and serve chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and I really appreciate all your wonderful comments....