Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Green Peas Pulao

I always love to have this "peas pulao"- a simple mild spicey meal to enjoy.Looks fantastic and tastes delicious. This dish reminds me of my college life.This is the only dish I know to prepare during my college days and my friends used to love it. They always insists on preparing this dish whenever we have a get together in my house. Those days are golden. Now whenever I prepare this dish I miss my friends :-(




Ingredients:
Basmathi rice - 1 cup
Frozen or canned Peas - 1 cup
chopped onion - 1 cup
Green Chilies - 3 slit
Cloves - 4
Cardamom - 2
Cinnamon - 1" stick
Oil - 3 tsp
Ghee - 2 tsp
Salt to taste

To Grind
Ginger - 2 small slices
Garlic - 5 cloves
Cilantro - 1/2 cup
Mint - 1/4 cup



Method:

Pour oil in the cooker. When it heats up add clove,cinnamon and cardamom. When you get a nice fragrance from that add onion and green chilies and saute till the onion is cooked. Add the grinded paste and cook for few mins. Add the peas and mix well . Add the water , for 1 cup rice add 1 and 1/2 cup and bring to boil and add salt. Now add the rice and close and cook. Add ghee when its done. Serve hot with onion raita.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and I really appreciate all your wonderful comments....