Thursday, September 24, 2009

Good Morning with Banana Wheat Pancakes

Like my boy most kids love to eat pancakes for breakfast. This is the healthiest pancake recipe that kids and even adults would love to eat.. Making pancake from scratch is not too complicated, for me from the scratch to the plate it just took 10 to 15 mins. Cleaning up the mess after took more time...today I used banana to mix with the batter and I am gonna try with other different fruits too. The pancakes didn't come out perfect round and even more looked like small paratha to me(b'coz I added wheat). Apart from the appearance the pancake was delicious and it was soft and fluffy. Though my sunny loved it he didn't have much time to eat more..late for school. I got to make this on holidays for him. Even though I add sugar my boy liked with the maple syrup.




Ingredients

Wheat flour - 1/2 cup
All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
Ripe banana - 1
Egg - 1
Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 2tsp
Salt to taste


Method

In a large bowl combine the flours, sugar, salt, baking powder and egg. In a separate bowl mash the banana. Mix the banana with the flour and add some water and make it to nice thick consistency. Heat a lightly oiled griddle and pour a scoop of batter onto the griddle and spread little to make a small round shape. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides, serve hot with syrub and fruits.



1 comment:

  1. Great idea for breafast. I really liked banana wheat pancake, my kids love pancake. Sure will try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and I really appreciate all your wonderful comments....