Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Palak Paneer

Another popular dish in India which is tasted and tried almost by every Indians so there nothing new I can say about this dish. I am a big fan of panner so any dish with paneer is my favorite and this dish is truly delicious. My 2% milk past the "sell by" date so I decide to make the paneer out of it. Till I made paneer I had no idea of making this dish but the moment I saw the beautiful paneer cubes, just a thought of this palak paneer made me drooling and as a result we ended up eating a rich dinner. This dish was even more tastier with the home made paneer. 



Ingredients
Paneer cubes - 1 cup
Palak/Spinach - 3 cups 
Garlic - 3 cloves chopped
Onion - 1 chopped finely
Tomato - 2 chopped
Green Chilies - 3 
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
Chili Powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin/jeera powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala - 1 tsp
Cumin seed - 1 tsp
Heavy whipped Cream - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 3 tsp

Method 
Boil water in a pan and add spinach and boil for 4 mins uncovered. When it cools down grind to a smooth paste along with green chilies. Heat oil in a  skillet and add cumin seeds and when it crackle add the garlic and onion and saute till onion is soft. Add ginger garlic paste and tomato and cook for few mins and add the masala powders and cook and if needed sprinkle water to avoid burning  the masalas. Add the grinded palak and cook in simmer for 10 mins. Last add the paneer and cream and give a quick mix. Palak paneer is ready. I served with chapati and asparagus salad which I'll be posting soon. Enjoy!!  

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't believe but the paneer tasted just like what we use to buy from grocery shop, except that this was not frozen..made fresh.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and I really appreciate all your wonderful comments....