Friday, November 6, 2009

Ada Pradhaman

This is my hubby's favorite and this is one of the few dishes he asked me to prepare and unfortunately I couldn't make it immediately when he asked, actually I planned to prepare this on the special occasion "diwali" but some how got delayed and I made him at last yesterday. We usually prepare this dish with sugar but my friend who is a keralite suggested  me to do with jaggery and as this is a typical kerala dish I took her advice and prepared with jaggery, the it tasted excellent with jaggery, my hubby loved it. I don't prepare this dish often and even on special occasions I have being avoiding this dish just because this dish takes lot of coconut milk but can't avoid when hubby dear ask for it. 




Ingredients
Rice Ada - 1cup
Jaggery - 2 cups
Coconut - 1 and 1/2 cup shredded  
Extract the milk from coconut
First extract /thick milk - 2 cups
Second extract/thin milk - 3 cups
Cardamom Powder - 1/2 tsp
Raisins - 1 tsp
Cashew - 1 tsp
Coconut pieces - 1 tsp
Ghee - 2 tsp

Method
Boil 2 cups of water and add the ada pieces and cook until soft and drain and keep aside.
Boil 1/2 cup of water in a separate bowl and add the jaggery and stir well until its melt.
Add the cooked ada pieces to the jaggery and mix well and then add the second extract milk and cook in low flame until it becomes thick. 
Now add the first extract milk and mix well, don't boil it just heat it and add cardamom powder and remove from the stove. 
Fry cashew, raisins and coconut pieces in ghee and add to it. 
Enjoy this delicious ada pradhaman!!!

6 comments:

  1. Ada pradhaman looks yummy and tempting..feel like having some rite now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment. As I have become your follower now so I will be visiting your blog hereafter.
    I liked your blog very much. Ada pradhaman looks mouth watering and yummy. Wonderful presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy..It's been a while since I had this delicacy..:( Have to find out a way to make it now :-)
    Thanks a lot for visiting us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment.first time here...I liked ur blog..I have become a follower now ..yummy ....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and I really appreciate all your wonderful comments....