Thursday, November 19, 2009

Mooli / Radish paratha

Stuffed paratha always reminds me of Bangalore, there are plenty of small paratha stalls in Bangalore where they serve different varieties of  stuffed parathas. Me and my sister- n-law  make sure to go on all friday evenings to one such paratha stall and eat  all our favorite parathas, actually the paratha size is not too big and we can easily eat 3 to 4 parathas. Of all the stuffed paratha, mooli is my second favorite to aloo paratha. I get tempted when ever I the see the mooli paratha in a restaurant menu. Here in US I don't get to eat much of mooli paratha in the restaurant so I end up making this dish myself at home. Making perfect round paratha without the stuffing oozing out is an art. You can't make it perfect for the first time but after many practice you can master this art. I am still learning this art. Here is the recipe of this mooli paratha.



Ingredients

For Stuffing
Mooli/Radish - 1 big
Ginger garlic paste - 1tsp
Red Chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Cilantro - 2 tsp chopped
Salt to taste
For Dough
Wheat Flour - 2 cups
Salt to taste
Water - 1 cup
Oil for making the mooli paratha

Method
Sieve the wheat flour and salt. Add water and knead to soft dough. Cover and keep aside. Peel and grate the radish and squeeze out all the water.
Heat the pan and fry the radish for some time and add the ingredients and fry for sometime until the raw flavour is gone.
Take a lemon sized dough and roll to a small round say 4 inch in diameter and place 2 to 3 teaspoon of fillings in the center and cover and seal the ends and roll again gently to a thick round paratha.
In a hot griddle cook the paratha on both side until golden brown using little oil on both sides. Serve hot with tomato fry or just yogurt and pickle. Refer my earlier posting for tomato fry recipe.




15 comments:

  1. Delicious parathas that too with radish, my fav veggie..

    ReplyDelete
  2. radish paratha looks yummy...very nice click!..looks so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. சூப்பராக இருக்கிண்றது முள்ளங்கி சப்பாத்தி...எனக்கு மிகவும் பிடித்த ஒன்று..நன்றி

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and delicious mooli paratha my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow.dear u have a lovely space. This is my first time here.....continue ur good work...bye

    ReplyDelete
  6. healthy parathastwice i tried,but always mix radish with the dough.Wil try stuffing next time

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice parathas for the winter.
    Thanks Swarna for dropping by my blog.
    You have a nice space here.
    Of late, I have become busy with certain things and away from my blog.
    Will get back to active blogging soon and will keep in touch.
    Sorry for the delay in responding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. First time here. You have an awesome space. Paratha looks delicious and interesting recipe. Will try it soon:).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and I really appreciate all your wonderful comments....