I can't believe I making a dish from a food network channel, usually I think they make only fancy foods, which is very far from my reach, but this one I felt very interesting and quite easy for a amateur baker like me and not to my surprise this dish also came out really good. I used lemon juice and lemon zest (grated lemon skin) hoping it would give a nice fresh taste and it did actually but only disappointment is that my boy didn’t like the lemon flavor and said its very lemony, promised him will do chocolate version next time.
Freshly squeezed Lemon juice – ¼ Cup
Lemon Zest – 1 tsp (Grated outer lemon skin)
Eggs – 2 (Separated)
Milk – 2/3 Cup
Flour – ¼ Cup
Sugar – 2/3 Cup
Salt – ¼ tsp
For Baking You’ll Need
Ramekin or Soufflé bowl or I used small cake pan - 3 or 4
Big rectangular Cake pan just in a size to fit the small cake pans
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F. Boil 3 Cups of water.
- Separate egg yolk from egg white and make sure not even a single drop of yolk falls in the white, if so repeat the process again.
- Combine egg yolk, milk, juice, zest, salt and sugar in a bowl. Add the flour and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg white until you get a stiff peak, better to use a power mixer.
- Add the egg white to the yolk mixer and fold slowly, don’t mix it as it would loose all the aeration in the white.
- Butter the soufflé bowl and add the sugar and coat evenly by rotating the bowl slowly and repeat this for all the bowls.
- Pour the mixture evenly on all the bowls and this is not gonna raise.
- Fill half way of the big cake pan with hot water and place the soufflé bowl in the water.
- Bake for 30 mins or until the top turns light golden brown.
- When done, allow to cool down and gently invert into a plate and enjoy..