Sunday, November 15, 2009

Tomato Dhal

This is very very simple and yet very satisfying dish. Tastes heavenly when eaten with rice and a papad but I always prefer eating with a spicy fish fry ..hmmm ..yummy.This is my girl's favorite food, she likes it with lots of ghee in it and it always happens that she won’t eat the entire plate of hers and I don’t like wasting this yummy dish.. so I end up eating the remaining food …that’s how I put on weight….can't help. Okay lets get to this simple recipe of tomato dhal.




Ingredients
Toor dhal – ½ cup
Tomato – 3 medium chopped
Garlic – 3 chopped
Turmeric – ½ tsp
Salt to taste
Seasoning
Mustard – ½ tsp
Cumin / Jeera – ½ tsp
Garlic – 2 chopped
Curry leaves – 6
Whole red chili – 3
Ghee – 2 tsp

Method
Pressure cook dhal with tomato, garlic, turmeric and salt and mash them well.
Season it with mustard, jeera, garlic, red chili and curry leaves in ghee. Serve hot with rice..

11 comments:

  1. Love the simplicity .. yet the tasty dal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a yummy combo...perfect with rice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liked this tangy delicious dal...Nice recipe

    ReplyDelete
  4. A simple and easy recipe! Love dal very much especially with hot steamed rice and ghee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dhal looks super delicious! Yummmy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. தங்கள் என்னுடைய ப்ளாகிற்கு வருகை தந்ததற்கு மிகவும் நன்றிகள்.

    உங்களுடைய ப்ளாக் அருமையாக இருக்கின்றது..வாழ்த்துகள்..

    குட்டிஸ் எப்படி இருக்காங்க..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dhall is my all time favorite. :)

    Guess I am here for the first time. You have a lovely blog. keep it going.

    You are welcome to my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and I really appreciate all your wonderful comments....